D&D5E - Stars of Destiny
The official ruling council. Consisting of representatives from the various trade guilds and great houses.
The Trade Guilds
Various guilds of industry and merchants. Prominent among them are:
• Westward Trade Charters – Occupies the second seat in the Thagoryne Council. Controls the majority of overseas trade to the west.
• Ramak and Fenn Trade Endeavors – Controls the majority of overland trade, as well as overseas trade to the east.
• Old Smiths Guild – Occupies the fifth seat in the Thagoryne Council. Controls the great Degaarl Foundry. Influential with Wyrmclaw Legion.
• Alchemist’s Quarter – The city’s only sanctioned practitioners of alchemy.
• Pelor’s Host – Union of farmers from the mainland.
• Eleventh Ring – Moneylenders. Has a variety of commercial interests throughout the city. Has lower class firmly in its grip.
The Great Houses
Various noble houses; the ruling class. Prominent among them are:
• House Vadalla – Occupies the first seat in the Thagoryne Council. Possesses largest fleet of trade vessels. Helped wrest power from the tyrannical House Soros.
• House Raspin – Occupies the fourth seat in the Thagoryne Council. Has large stake in control of the Wyrmscale Legion. Helped wrest power from the tyrannical House Soros.
• House Soros – Banned from the Thagoryne Council. Once brought the entire city under its tyrannical reign. Has spent the past few centuries slowly rebuilding its reputation.
• House Oldorran – Occupies the third seat in the Thagoryne Council. Controls the industrial Baylocke District.
• House Gardelaine – Occupies the sixth seat in the Thagoryne Council. Highly influential with the Keepers of the Astral Oculus.
• House Tyrnov – Occupies the eighth seat in the Thagoryne Council. Influential with the Grey Sails
Caretakers of the shrine to Kord, around which the city was built.
Cult proclaiming a new god.
Mercenary force, sanctioned by the Thagoryne Council. Offers services as hired muscle, as well as a small privateer fleet.
Mages of the university. Occupies the ninth seat in the Thagoryne Council.
Mystic astronomers guild, based around the observatory.
Necromantic “flesh-crafters”. They make undead, to order.